Thursday, February 18, 2010

What about those Teasers and Parlays?

For one, parlays are just silly, flat out silly. What's the point? My motto with this is if you like a game just play a game. Why compound things and put the odds against you which parlays 100% do. I'm sure anybody reading this at one point has loved a game and said well why don't I parlay it with so and so for a juicier takeback? The game you loved won and the other game shoved it up your butt in a loss. For that type of a feeling just go to the Doctor.

It's also dumb to play three games that you like and then parlay and or round robin those same games. Why do that? Play the three and if you win be happy with it. Don't get greedy because even if greed is good, as Gordon Gecko said, it will get you into trouble a lot more than it will help.

As for teasers they are mainly sucker plays. Books are not offering these out of the goodness of their heart, they're just not. BUT, there are certain spots that I do not necessarily mind them and will every now and then play them. For example when you can get that team which is great at home, say like a Michigan State and they are giving that 5 1/2 to a Wisconsin, another solid team but a squad that just does not play as well on the road, I feel very good about the Spartans. It would take a ton for Tom Izzo's team to lose a game like that but when it comes to that number it's a crapshoot as those things seem to always finish up around 64-58.

I don't really ever like to tease games up nor do I like to tease a higher number like a 12 down to say an 8 or so as I do not find much value in that but that 5 1/2 down to 1 1/2 in the right spot is alright.

Also, teasing a game with a high total is fairly asynine as four points or whatever between say a Washington and a California, where the game will be run and gun, does not have the same power as a lower scoring game where points are more at a premium like a Big Ten slower black and blue battle.

When it comes to football I am pretty much the same way as hoops. I do believe the six point two teamer is a better value than on the hardwoods with those four or so points. I never quite understood why you actually get more points on the gridiron when there are certain numbers (3,4,7,10) that are so key to get under unlike basketball where there is no such thing as a key number.

In the end, no to parlays, ever, and in certain situations yes to teasers, but the spot has to be perfect to actually pull the trigger.

If you need a winner today, Thursday, my highest rated play EVER is here. I am releasing a monster 500,000* between Syracuse and Georgetown. Oh and those 500,000* are an amazing 39-17 all-time! How have I been of late? How about 33-20-1 and over 3.2 million* of profit in the past 33 days! I feel as if I have tomorrow's newspaper and you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment